Eliza and I went thrifting today. We had a few things on our list, including Halloween costumes. We went into one store and had only been there a few minutes when a woman asked me if she could buy Eliza a Halloween costume. I was taken aback a little, but she explained that she didn't have any children at home anymore and she really likes Halloween so she wanted to do that for Eliza. I agreed, but felt a little silly.
She introduced herself to Eliza, and told her what she'd like to do, then she took her over to the costume section. As they searched through the costumes, I marvelled at her desire to commit a "random act of kindness," and I was reminded of the good in the world. After Eliza picked out some awesome, HUGE, purple butterfly wings and a black spider-witch dress, and Judy picked out a darling scarecrow costume Judy paid for them and I thanked her. Then I wished her a good day and with a big smile on her face, she said, "I already have. That smile (Eliza's) made my day!" And, she turned around and left.
We live in a beautiful world! Thanx, Judy, for that simple reminder today. I needed it.
3 comments:
Wow, what an awesome lady!
It's so great to know that there are people like her out in the world! How neat!
How cool is that??? Talk about being in the right place at the right time! What a neat experience!
Post a Comment