Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox, but I do want to mention that with all my worry about the quality of education they will get in Snowflake, I'm SO grateful that they're being taught citizenship, responsibility, patriotism, and all those good old-fashioned values that make this country what it is--as well as the people who live here. There are trade-offs to living in small towns, and this is one I'm willing to live with!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
"Oh Say Does That Star-Spangled Banner . . . "
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox, but I do want to mention that with all my worry about the quality of education they will get in Snowflake, I'm SO grateful that they're being taught citizenship, responsibility, patriotism, and all those good old-fashioned values that make this country what it is--as well as the people who live here. There are trade-offs to living in small towns, and this is one I'm willing to live with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of the great things about living on a military base is that everyday at 4:30 pm (it is different on other bases) the national anthem is played. Everyone is supposed to stop doing whatever they are doing if they are outside. Cars stop, people stop and face where the music is coming from and put their hands on their hearts. It is such a special sight to see little children at the park stop playing and put their hands on their heart while the music plays. I love that song and I am glad that your school still has a flag raising ceremony.
I think that's awesome that she is learning that stuff. I saw on another blog of a Mesa mom who was taking her kids to a charter school so they could say the Pledge of Allegiance and other things. It's so sad what our world is coming to...
Post a Comment