Monday, September 8, 2008

Whole Wheat Carrot Cake--yummmmmmmmm



Conversation three days before my birthday:
Darce: "For my birthday, Lehi, I'd like a carrot cake." (my personal fave!)
Lehi: "Okay, I can do that."
Darce: "But I think I'd like to try to make it as guilt-free as possible, so would you please use whole wheat flour?"
Lehi: "No! If I'm gonna make a cake, I'm gonna make it my way."
Darce: (whining) "But, it's MY birthday cake. I should get it the way I want!"
Lehi: "But that's going to be nasty!"
Darce: "But it's MY birthday, and it's MY cake!"
Lehi: "Okay, but you'll have to eat it all by yourself."
Darce: "Cream cheese frosting makes everything taste good!"

Conversation the day of my birthday, right after WE ate the whole wheat carrot cake:
Darce: "So, what did you think? Was it that bad?"
Lehi: "Actually, no. It was pretty good."
Darce: "Would you have it again?"
Lehi: "Yah. We've got enought left for the next four nights!"
Darce: "Would you make it again?"
Lehi: "Yah. I would. It's nice and moist."
Darce: "I told you cream cheese frosting can make anything taste good!!!"

We had the yummiest cake. It didn't even have any sugar in it--just honey! (except for the frosting) As you can see from the pics the girls and I really got "into it"! It was a lot of fun! And, we do have enough for the next four nights! Yippy!

No comments: