It would've certainly been nice to have Kaenu Reeves helping me pick grapes, but I'll have to go with the fact that it was nice to have family helping.
Cameo's sister-in-law has been overrun with grapes, so she offered to share with me. You know me--can't pass up a good deal, especially when it's free! Never done grapes before--in fact, I've never eaten a grape fresh off the vine! They're fabulous! So, I had to google how to make grape juice and grape jelly, and that's what I've been doing for the past couple of days.
We were warned about the scary worms that "have no face and just big teeth"! They seemed to be phantom worms because none of us could find one, until Lynn offered $1 to the first person who found one. Of course, it was Lynn!? Go figure. They were pretty scary, tho, and quite ugly!! And, I'm of the opinion that they turn into birds when they get out of their cocoon! They were huge!
I'm so grateful for people who garden, for people who share, and for family that helps! And, I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who made such awesome things for us to enjoy!
Look at my awesome girls! They got right into it, begging to help! They're awesome!
3 comments:
You are living the dream. A canning, quilting, cooking, crocheting, wannabe country girl's dream come true! (I'm jealous.)
My niece just made the cutest little girl dresses from a mens button down shirts. Check it out on her blog mynoisyhead.blogspot.com. There's a link to the tutorial there too.
Yes...Konnie did get married a couple of weeks ago. It all turned out really nice! I hope things will go great for her!
You are definitely amazing! So domestic I can hardly believe it!
Post a Comment