Thursday, September 11, 2008

IMPORTANT UPDATE--for bread recipe!

For all of you who were going to try Lehi's bread recipe, his dad noticed that Lehi left out one critical thing--letting the bread knead for 15 minutes! Kinda important.

Anyway, after you add the additional flour (in the recipe it says approx. 4-6 cups) and get the dough to the consistency of pulling away from the sides of the bowl and not sticking to your fingers--THEN KNEAD it for 15 minutes. We just let the bosch do the work and walk away--let it mix on the lowest speed. THEN cover the bowl and let it rise again.

I hope that's right, since I've never made it. We'd love to know if you try it and how it works out!

Happy baking!

1 comment:

Renee said...

What I want is Lehi's biscuit recipe. Those were so light and fluffy. Can't remember how he said he did it. Thanks. Mom