Yesterday was an almost perfect day. It was filled with things I've wanted to fill my days with for a long time. I've been working on the above afghan for a couple of years--just in my spare time, and not even every time I have spare time. However, yesterday I took some time to work on it. My goal is to have it done for Christmas for Kate. She was so excited to see me working on it again! I'm a self-taught "crocheter" and I know I don't even hold it correctly, but it gives my hands something to do so I won't be using them to put something in my mouth!? I have LOTS to learn, tho, and I'd love to learn to knit! That's next.
The next picture is of my most recent quilt/blanket; I started it yesteray. I don't know that's it's really worthy to be called a "quilt" since the part that looks pieced is actually printed fabric. However, I love quilting--again self-taught--and I've had the quilting bug bite me lately. My mother gave me tons of fabric and this was one I could make into a blanket fairly quickly. Kate really wants to learn to quilt, so I think I might attempt to help her make one for someone for Christmas, too. Teach 'em while they want to learn, right? Anyway, this added to my perfect day because I worked on it yesterday, too.
I also got to do some baking--with some fairly "healthy" ingredients. I've been wanting to try a new recipe--Chocolate Zucchini Muffins--so I did. (For the link to work, you'll have to scroll down the page just a little--to the "zucchini" part, but the first recipe looks fabulous, too! That's the next one I want to try.) That was the yummy after-school snack my girls came home to. I even used whole wheat in this recipe, too. (replacing half of the flour with wheat flour) And, they were yummy! I had to eat two--thus the crocheting during the evening!?
And, to round out my pretty perfect day--a 30-minute soak in our jacuzzi bathtub, while reading "The Good Earth," by Pearl S. Buck. My sweet husband has wanted to give me a jacuzzi bath since my birthday. I didn't want one that day, so last night he filled the tub and came in where I was working on the quilt and told me I owed him a bath. How can you refuse an offer like that? So, I enjoyed a quiet, peaceful,, bubbling bath--alone! Awesome!
And, that was my pretty near-perfect day.
3 comments:
Wow! Such a burst of domesticity!! I'm impressed!
I haven't had a bath in years. Ahhhh...maybe someday!
Wow! You are so incredibly talented. I can't do any of those wonderful things. I am truly amazed and in awe of your incredible talents!
Now, when it comes to hot baths, I take those often and enjoy every minute of them. Life always is more wonderful after a relaxing hot bath. I consider those one of life's true little pleasures. :)
I'm so proud of you D! Great job on the crocheted afgan... amazing. And the quilt is so pretty... I gave you that? Hmmm... Good job! The muffins look fantastic, too. Kate and Eliza are lucky to have you willing to teach them. I love you, Mom
Post a Comment