Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The bright side of life

I love a kid's perspective! Sometimes I think we're blessed with children on this earth to remind us "adults" about the good things in life, and to teach us that what we see as negative can (and often does) have something positive. Let me explain.

I was telling my girls about someone (I'll leave out the detail of who in order to avoid any possible embarrassment.) close to us who had to have a catheter put in this week--and that they have to wear it for the entire week. I was explaining the "why" and "what" of the catheter. Of course, as children, they were completely enthralled and amazed at such a thought. At the end of my explanation Kate piped up:
"So, mom, she can walk and go pee at the same time? That's cool!"

Only a child would find the silver lining in having a catheter. And, that's why I love children (especially mine) so much!

1 comment:

Erica Hanks said...

You have to admit....it is pretty cool! LOL