Thursday, September 4, 2008

Owwee!

Okay, so last night I made "Fettucini and Vegies in Tomato Sauce" for dinner. Sounds good, right? Actually, I really like it, but the last time I made it (over a year ago) I sliced my finger. Hence, I haven't made it for a while. The recipe calls for zucchini--thinly sliced, lengthwise. Last time I used a knife. This time I thought I'd be smart and use my mandolin--slowly and carefully. Yah, well, I guess I wasn't slow or careful enough because I about lost the tip of my finger! I'm wondering if that's a sign that maybe I should get rid of the recipe!? That, combined with the fact that my family doesn't really go for the whole dish!

At least I got out of making dinner! Lehi took over for me--good man! I knew I was lucky to have him!

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

Ouch! Be careful. I did that on the apple corer from Pampered Chef. That hurts bad! Be careful!