My father-in-law has a fabulous garden. However, he loves okra and can't, for the life of himself, understand why I think it's so vile! He insists that as much as he loves me, I'm not going to make it to heaven as long as I despise okra. I think it's slimy, snotty, and completely disgusting!
Having said that, tho, I am truly grateful for those people who love okra--and I know there are many! If it weren't for them, I would have to eat it, because it's bound to grow and I wouldn't want this beautiful world to be overrun with such a wretched vegie--and I really don't want to ever have to eat it! So, I'm so thankful for okra lovers!
And, actually, that IS what makes the world go 'round. I'm so glad we're all so different. There are okra-lovers and okra-haters; country music fans and classic rock fans, those that love relaxing bubble baths and those that revel in nice, warm showers. There are those that love to get hugs and those that love to give hugs. And, we all get to be together here on earth, to learn from one another, to share with each other, and to enjoy the differences that bring us all together.
And, for this reason--I guess I do love okra.
4 comments:
I like it as long as it's deep fried. Pretty much anything tastes good deep fried!
Oh Darce, I just read your quote to the side of your blog. It is amazing! Thank you! I really needed to hear that today! I will be writing that down and posting that in my house! What an incredible statement and how true it is.
I've only ever had okra at Grandpa Jones' house. I'm not sure how they make it--but I sure like it!
You are so amazing my dear one. I loved the quote, too, and calligraphied it and sent it to my friends! I feel the same way you do about okra and had it at Grandma Elizabeth's house years ago and never again since. But someone this week was telling me that they were going to have okra and how they were looking forward to it... you're right, "to each his own!" I love you. Mom (you always make me laugh!)
Post a Comment