Saturday, September 6, 2008

I was just wondering . . .

Yesterday I wasn't sitting outside when the bus came to drop off Eliza. And, because of construction, there was only one other mother parked outside my house, waiting for her child to be dropped off. I guess when the bus driver doesn't see you waiting for her, she just drives past the stop--taking your child with her. I can appreciate the safety concerns associated with that, but if we live right here and both of our cars are here, do I really have to be outside? I mean, what if I'm taking care of, you know--bathroom things?

My bigger question, tho, is what does she do with all the kids who's parents don't meet her at the stop? I mean, does she take them to some sort of place where all little kids get to play? Or, do they have to go back to school and do it all over again? Or, does she take them to some wild and crazy place like in Pinocchio, where they end up turning into donkeys? And, what are they told? Why wasn't their mommy at the bus stop?

I was just wondering . . . . in case I ever have to find my child at the "lost child/bus driver didn't stop cloud in the sky".

1 comment:

Becky said...

Darce,
I'm having a give away at http://jordansfarm.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/thank-you-to-all-who-have-stopped-in-7000-a-give-away/ please stop by and sign up. And I like the new look.
Becky