My father-in-law grows a fabulous garden! He is so talented and works so hard at it, and this year we are so blessed to be able to reap the benefits of his hard work!
We visited my inlaws over the weekend and we got sent home with so much food it was unbelievable! We ended up with over 40 pounds of tomatoes, some chard, yellow squash, patty pan, corn, jalapenos, green onions, HUGE garlic, tons of green beans, 3 watermelons, 2 cantaloupes, and I probably forgot something. Anyway, I knew I had my work cut out for me this week, but I'm so grateful for him sharing with us. Needless to say, tho, I've been rather busy.
I finished putting it all up today, tho, and I'm excited because we were able to add to our food storage. I ended up with:
11 quarts of spaghetti sauce
9 pints of tomato bisque (It was yummy!)
frozen chard (thanx to this website)
dehydrated zucchini and yellow squash
frozen corn
frozen green beans
and we took some fabulous Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers to a party we went to last night! (They were the first thing gone and everyone raved about them! Thanx for the recipe Cindy!)
Mostly, thank you to dad for having such a green thumb and for sharing his talent with us! We love you!
4 comments:
I'm so impressed that you can do this domestic stuff. It so isn't me. Also, I love the look of your blog. So cute!
Oooooo!!! I'm so jealous! Way to go! Doesn't it feel good to see stuff on your shelves!
Lucky you to have someone who will share all that with you!
How wonderful to be able to can and "lay up" food. I've seen pictures of the garden you speak of...AMAZING is all I can say!
Post a Comment