Yesterday, we (me and the girls) had a little history lesson. We were talking about why they were named what they are named. Eliza was named after Eliza R. Snow, so I wanted to tell them a little about this marvelous woman. So, I went online to be able to share a couple of stories about her, and in doing so I found a quote from her. It's just a great example of who she was, the woman she was, and the profound strength she had.
"I will go forward. I will smile at the rage of the tempest, and ride fearlessly and triumphantly across the boisterous ocean of circumstance... and 'the testimony of Jesus' will light up a lamp that will guide my vision . . ."--Eliza R. Snow
Her life wasn't easy, like anyone's. Yet, she had faith to go forward--to actually smile at the rage of the difficulties of life. I gain courage and strength from that. What an example! That's the reason we named our little girl Eliza. Hopefully, she, too, will have that courage, that strength, and that faith!
"I will go forward. I will smile at the rage of the tempest, and ride fearlessly and triumphantly across the boisterous ocean of circumstance... and 'the testimony of Jesus' will light up a lamp that will guide my vision . . ."--Eliza R. Snow
Her life wasn't easy, like anyone's. Yet, she had faith to go forward--to actually smile at the rage of the difficulties of life. I gain courage and strength from that. What an example! That's the reason we named our little girl Eliza. Hopefully, she, too, will have that courage, that strength, and that faith!
By the way, I realize this picture of her isn't really a very good example of "smiling at the rage," but you've gotta remember how they took pictures back then! Could you have smiled for 15 minutes straight? Yah, not me!
1 comment:
I think that's awesome. Both that you named her after someone so great and that you teach her about it. Miss you guys and your girls beautiful smiles. I can almost hear them giggling when I see their pictures.
Post a Comment