ARGH! Can someone PLEASE explain to me how your children get chicken pox when they've had the vaccine AND they're not in school! It's summertime, for cryin' out loud! I just don't get it! Our family is cursed in the health arena!! Yes, when they got the vaccine, I was told that a very small percentage of children still get chicken pox even with the vaccine, but the percentage is so small. . . . Yah, well, as most of you know I was diagnosed with a disease (Cushings) that a VERY SMALL percentage of people get. So, it only figures that our girls would belong to the "very small percentage" that STILL get chicken pox, with the vaccine! At least they're only "supposed" to get a mild case. Uh-huh . . . we'll see!?!
Actually, they are doing totally fine--no "slight fever", no sore throat, not even any itching . . . yet! They are acting totally normal, and they do only have a few spots. However, I did take them to the doctor today to get it confirmed, and confirm it he did! They made me go in the back door of the doctor's office; I had to ring a doorbell. Then, he couldn't shoe me out quick enough--again, out the back door. It was kinda funny. I just feel bad for any kids my girls have been around in the last two weeks. We saw their cousins last week--who we hadn't seen in months! Murphy's law, right? Church kids on Sunday. I'm more worried about all those people 'cuz we'll be fine. Kate's birthday might have to get postponed, and we may not be able to go to Utah next week, but other than that, we're good. We weren't planning on moving until the end of the month, so timing-wise it's fine. "Just a bummer," as Kate says! I'm just grateful they both have them at the same time!
Funny thing, tho--Just last week we read a book, "Goldie Locks Has Chicken Pox," and we really liked it. Little did we know!
I guess the Lord has a way of making you have to stop and smell the flowers, huh? We can't go anywhere for a few days, and we'll just get to enJOY each other's company--movies, books, games, coloring. Hmmm . . . interesting . . .
9 comments:
Do you know what the incubation period is on chicken pox?
What a week, huh? I hope they feel ok and don't get too itchy.
The incubation period is 14-16 days. I know--I'm sorry Erica! Just what you wanted to hear, huh?
lol! The only thing I'm wondering is...Kayden is supposed to be having surgery next Wednesday. Do you think I should call his Dr, just to let him know about the possibility? He's had the vaccination too, but I guess it's not a sure thing...huh?
If it's a big surgery, then I'd probably let his doc know--just in case. But, I don't think it should affect it. Again, I am SO sorry!!
No fun! We get everything at our house, as well. Way to look on the bright side and think of the quality time you will have together.
Sorry Darce. At least we live in modern times where this is one of the worst things we can get here in American and it's usually just a case of "inconvenience." Good luck though. Oh, and to get the Better-than-Nutella chocolate, you HAVE TO MOVE TO SNOWFLAKE!
So, how goes the itching at your house?
I hope the girls are feeling ok!
Darce,
Good luck with the chicken pox. I came across your blog from Cameo's blog. It is fun seeing your family grow. I also noticed that you have a link to the "Light Refreshments Served" website. My friend, Lisa, from high school in Nebraska, is one of the bloggers on that and I really enjoy reading all the posts they have on the website.
Once again, good luck with the chicken pox.
Shaunda
This is awful. Chicken pox is bad enough, but even worse when it's in the summer. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment