Today I discovered the beauty of living small and simple. Here we are, living in an 1100 square foot home that isn't our's, and I need to clean it. I've never been one that enjoys house-cleaning, but I do love a clean house! In our old home it always took me a couple of days to clean it--cleaning the bathrooms, the floors, dusting, etc., etc.. I didn't like having to do it all in one day, so I'd take a day to do the bathrooms and a day to do the rest. Then, of course, laundry was another day. I'm such a perfectionist that it took me a couple of hours to really do the bathrooms as well as I liked. I know that's crazy--there's only four of us, and two of us are little girls but, like I said, I'm picky. Anyway, I needed to do all that housecleaning today. I dinked around . . . and dinked around some more. However, when I finally set my mind to it, I got it all done in less than two hours! I was thrilled! Granted, the girls helped by doing most of the vacuuming, but all our housework was done quick! I'm definitely seeing the advantages to living in a smaller space and with less stuff! In fact, I was done so quickly I had time to do things with the girls--and do them without feeling like I needed to hurry thru it so I could get my chores done! It was awesome! So, I'm thinking this small home thing might not be such a bad idea! It definitely was a beautiful thing!
2 comments:
I hear ya. From cleaning our home in Snowflake (a never-ending process) to the motorhome (a ten minute process) it was shocking! Any extra time to spend with the kiddos is worth it. Less crap, more quality. Love it.
Okay Lehi and Darce I heard that you had moved but where? The house looks like it is our neighborhood (higley and brown)?
Post a Comment