


I had the surprise of my life yesterday--actually Thursday. For a couple of months, the girls and I had been planning on going to Utah--Snowbird--with my dad. Lehi wasn't going to be able to go because of work. But, since we're just in our little rental, I figured it would be a nice break and give us something to do--although I was really going to miss Lehi. We talked about it again Wednesday morning and Lehi just didn't really want to go to Utah and he had commitments at work. However, he had decided to go to St. Johns next week since we'd be gone to Utah.
Well, as we were leaving town on Thursday, Lehi called to see if we'd gotten off okay. As we were hanging up he mentioned that his meeting on Friday had been canceled. Jokingly, I said that he should come with us, and his response was that he didn't think my dad would like that very well 'cuz that meant we'd have to turn around and get Lehi. I agreed, figuring it was too late. But, when I hung up I told my dad and his wife about the conversation. Quickly, they both said, "Call him back and tell him we're turning around!" I really didn't think he'd agree to it because not only was it a complete change of plans for him, but he hates feeling like he's putting anyone out. However, when I called him and made the proposition, he actually agreed rather quickly! I was thrilled! And, I kept saying, over and over, "Really? Really? You'll really come?" Honestly, I couldn't believe it! So, we went back to our house and I packed all his stuff, while he returned to work and tied up some loose ends. Then we picked him up at the office, and I got to sit in the back seat, holding his hand all the way. It was awesome!
So, here we are at Snowbird, and having a great time! Yesterday we stopped in Manti to see Krystal and her family. They've done awesome with developing their reception center--Liberty Hall. It's beautiful! And, Krystal looks fabulous--ready to have her baby any day now. The first thing Eliza said to me this morning was, "Mom, I don't want to stay inside today. I want to go outside!" So, we did. We spent the day here, doing some of the fun stuff. We rode the tram up to the top of the mountain--to an elevation over 11,000 feet. There was still snow at the top--that's where the picture of us was taken. It was really, really pretty! After the tram, we all rode the alpine slide. The girls loved it! Eliza said, "That was the best ride ever!" That's saying a lot since we went to Disneyland earlier this summer! Kate said, "That's a definite do-again!" It's so fun to see them have so much fun! Tomorrow we're off to Temple Square. Kate keeps reminding us that she really wants to see where the Tabernacle Choir is, so we'll show her.
4 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time.
Hope you have a great week. Becky
Looks like so much fun!
What a fun vacation! I love the Alpine slide pics! You are BRAVE!
How fun to get to go on vacation! Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment