
While we were in Salt Lake yesterday we toured the Conference Center. Kate was so excited. She's such an amazing kid because when we told her we were going to Temple Square she said, "Can we see where the Tabernacle Choir is?" What 7-year-old gets excited about that? So, when we walked into the Conference Center her jaw dropped and her eyes got big and she got a huge grin on her face. It was awesome! She loved it!
Our tour guide shared with us many stories, but one I found especially interesting was how thoughtful Pres. Hinckley was as he planned the building of this awesome building. I guess it always bothered him how long his dear wife, Marjorie, would have to wait to use a public restroom. He noticed that women always take longer when they go to the restroom, and the lines are always long. He didn't want that to be an issue in the Conference Center. So, there are actually 48 (yes, you read that right--48) stalls in each of three restrooms in that building! How awesome is that? Women, have you ever been able to walk into a public restroom, in a building that services over 21,000 people, and not have to wait? Talk about an amazing man! Actually, he's amazing in many, many more ways that are much more important than that! But, I do think it speaks of his thoughtfulness and concern for women. I love that man! And, that whole building is truly amazing. He really was a man of vision--truly! What a blessing he was in my life.
1 comment:
I love that story. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment