Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lehi's Super Supreme Brownies--YUM!!


OK--so why did I call our blog "brownies and ice cream"? It's really very simple--According to our family, there's not anything better than a bowl of vanilla ice cream atop a piping hot brownie--especially one of Lehi's "Super Supreme Brownies"! This is probably our family's favorite treat. It is oh-so-good! It's even yummy not piping hot. It's just yummy--any way you eat it. So, you're probably all drooling because you KNOW Lehi can cook, and you're all just dying to ask for his recipe. Well, we aren't the snooty type that won't share recipes, so today's you're lucky day . . .

Lehi's Super Supreme Brownies


3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
1/2 t. vanilla
3 T. milk
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. flour
3/4 c. chocolate chips (optional)
3/4 c. mixed nuts (optional)

Cream together butter and sugar. Add next 4 ingredients and mix well. Add cocoa & flour. Mix well. Add optional stuff. Bake in 9x9 pan for 30 mins (less if you like 'em gooey, more if you like 'em drier) at 350 degrees! At times, we've sprinkled toffee chips on the top and/or mixed them into the batter before cooking, too. Oh--so good!

Happy eating!
Hmmm . . . I'm thinking we'll need to make some right about now. Besides, I need to take a picture to post, right? There's always a reason to make brownies. . . .

8 comments:

Honey said...

Oh it must be so delicious :)

Erica Hanks said...

[drooling] I am so starving right now! Wish I had some!

Lori Lyn said...

That looks so good!

Drewmeister said...

That looks so good! Please ignore previous post under llp--I wasn't signed in correctly. I'm so glad you decided to blog!

arianne said...

Keep it real on the internet, Darc. Rock the virtual world. - Dave

Andrea said...

Is this one of those blogs that I'm gonna always leave feeling hungry? I hope so. :0)

Happy to see you blogging!

Andrea

arizonamama said...

Glad to see the pics. I'll get Cameo working on the brownies tomarrow. Are you going to try Easy Asian?

Van Hoff Family said...

Hey Darce,
Thanks for sharing your blog. I'm not a blogger (yet) but I love to read my friends' blogs. It makes me feel like we keep in touch a little bit. I think we might have to try your brownies!
Carol Ann