Monday, July 21, 2008

I love the mountains!




Today's adventure began with the Peruvian Lift and Tunnel. It was awesome! Really, all it was was riding a ski lift to the top of the mountain and then walking through a tunnel to the other side of the mountain, but the ride was so peaceful, so quiet, and so beautiful. Our Heavenly Father really has done some wonderful things for us, and it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy them on that lift today. We saw a couple of marmots, a squirrel chasing a ferret, and even a deer. Actually, Kate spotted the deer first, and was rather proud of herself! The sounds and smells of nature, especially the mountains, always lifts my spirits. I started the day with a pretty bad headache, but it was all fine once I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful world our Heavenly Father created for me.

After the lift, we rode the alpine slide again. That's a definite favorite! Then, we got to see my good friend, Sue. I'm so thankful for good friends--you know, those kinds of friends that will always be friends even if you don't talk every day! That's Sue. We tried to take the girls fishing tonight. Actually, we did take them fishing tonight, but the fish weren't being very cooperative! Guess we'll try again in the morning!

2 comments:

arizonamama said...

Darce,
My whole childhood consisted of the "fish" never being cooperative, not because dad was the fisherman. Sorry, dad. I have great, great memories of fishing with dad though. (And picking up dinner on the way home or calling Carolyn to make something.) I wish I was there with you guys. Seems like you're having a great time.

Angelena said...

What a view! We live in the appalachian mountains - I love it.