OK--so I've been trying to lose weight for 16 months, and not until this this month have people started to comment on it. I've lost 45 pounds. It's taken a long time, and it's been a lot of work, but today it finally got noticed! I had a fabulous day! I don't know if it's 'cuz I've spent time at the pool, so I'm tan (You always look better when you're tan.), or if it's because I bought some clothes that fit. Either way, I'm just grateful people are commenting. It's hard to keep working on it when you think nobody's noticing. I'm not doing it to get praise. I'm doing it for my family, for my health, and because I need to. But, being told that it's working is certainly motivating. I've still got a long way to go, but it felt good today. Thank you everybody, for your encouragement! And, from this experience, I've learned how important it is to tell someone when you notice they're losing weight. They need to hear it.
So, 45 pounds and still counting!
6 comments:
Great job! How are you doing it?
I really stink at losing weight. It seems like I lose the same 40 lbs over and over. It's the thing I hate the most about my self. No consistancy.
I'm so proud of you and your desire to learn and grow and share all that you are learning, in all the realms that you are involved, including weight loss, being prepared, zrii, the scriptures and gospel principles, and especially in being a great mom. You have adorable girls and I am grateful to belong to your family! Love, Mom
So post a pic of your sexy body already!
Congrats--that is awesome!
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! You must be feeling great. That is the best part of it all. Keep up the good work!
Yea for you. That is such a great accomplishment and no easy task. I need to lose some weight also...what are some of your ideas or tips? I hate being told what to do from skinny, motherless, people. I want to know how REAL people (especially mothers) lose weight. I am sure it really is the same information, eat less and exercise more, but I would love to hear what you have done.
Post a Comment