Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where's my pizza, Lynn?





Okay, moving is yucky!! These are pictures of our move. We made it on Saturday, and thankfully we won't have to do it again for a few months. However, even that seems crazy--we're going to have lived in four different homes in less than a year, and we're not even in the military!

On Saturday I followed Lehi, while he drove the U-Haul. It was so full and so heavy I was sure he was going to tip over every time he turned a corner or went over a bump in the road. Then, we hit some pretty heavy rainstorms, but we made it! When we got here, the Elders Quorum helped us unload, and it was all unloaded in an hour! I couldn't believe it! We rented the largest truck U-Haul has, and we still couldn't fit all our crap (I mean "stuff")! Thank you guys, for your help! Lehi was pretty exhausted from having loaded it the day before and that morning--not to mention having to go to his uncle's funeral the day before, as well. It was a pretty crazy weekend!

But, we're so glad to be here. It feels right, and it feels good. The people are so nice and friendly. We've had two separate neighbors bring us homemade bread and one bring us some cookies. The ward is nice, but the best part of all is that our girls get to play with neighbors--for the first time in their lives! How sad is that? Playing with your neighbors is what childhood is all about, and they've never had that experience until now. Needless to say, they are in heaven!

The little girls that live next door are in my girl's Primary classes, and we found out we're second cousins! How crazy is that? I guess it's a small world when you're mormon, living in a small town. Anyway, they can't wait to get home from school so they can go outside and play. It's awesome! The first night they came home and had to tell me all about the neighbor's home--what it looked like, how big it was, how clean it was. It's a whole new world for them! And, like Lehi said, "It's like the first time a kid has sugar!"
I think my favorite thing (besides the girls getting to play with friends) is driving them to school in the morning. We drive for a couple of miles on a dirt road (because the highway is being repaved and I don't want to wait for the lead truck), and we get to enjoy a country drive, early in the morning. You can see the White Mountains off in the distance, as you look across open land. It's beautiful. It smells awesome. It's cool. It's quiet and it's peaceful. I absolutely love it! I'm so glad we're here.
The above pictures are of the elders helping unload the truck, our living room and garage with all our boxes, and the home we're in for the time being.
By the way, my brother-in-law, Lynn, and I made a bet regarding who would be living in Snowflake first. He lost. He owes me a pizza!

5 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

Cute house! I love the built ins! Why will you be moving again? Are you building?

arizonamama said...

I'm so jealous but I'm also very happy for you guys. You'll never want to go back.
P.S. You'll get that pizza in about five weeks! (Small price to pay to have you there...)

Jerlyn said...

Congrats! I am so happy you love it!

Bethany and Cameron said...

I'm so happy you guys are lovin' it up there! And it's even better when the kids adjust so well.:) Which ward are you in? Who's the bishop? I'm wondering if you're in my folks' ward??

Darce said...

We're in 9th ward, and the bishop is Bishop Titus.