Monday, August 25, 2008

Remember the parachute?





If you're anything like I was, when I was a kid there was nothing better than "parachute day" in PE! It was awesome! I loved the bright red, blue, green, and yellow parachute. The huge, billowing fabric seemed so strong and powerful, and I felt just as powerful as I pulled and tugged at the edges! It was great to wave it as quickly as I could, trying to bounce the balls off. And, the best thing to do was to raise it as high above my head as possible, and pull it down quick, as I raced underneath it and sat on the edge--making a huge mushroom above my head. It was awesome!

Well, the other day our girls discovered the beauty of a parachute! They were making their bed and I heard them laughing and laughing. They were having way too much fun, so I had to see what they were up to! As I walked in their room, there they were--waving the sheets high above their head and jumping onto the bed, pulling the sheets down over them! It was made even better by the fact that they're sleeping on a temporary bed--a blow-up queen-size mattress that really bounces!!! I have to admit I was a little jealous that I couldn't play, too--I think my size would've popped the bed. Then I would've ruined all the fun! So, I just took pictures and reminisced about my times under the parachute!

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

How fun! I loved the parachute, too. How fun to sit back and watch the two girls interact. They look like they are having so much fun!