OK--so I got the surprise of my life this past week! A little background info first. . . .
I can't sing. I've never claimed to be able to sing. In fact, I can't carry a tune stapled to my hand! That's just a fact of life I've had to deal with. I've always been upset about it because my sisters all sing--and sing well. I just wasn't blessed with that talent.
Well, after church on Sunday, the lady I was sitting next to told me she wanted to email me a message, and to consider it "hand-written." Since we're moving, I figured it was some sort of "going away" note. However, much (I mean "MUCH!!!!") to my surprise her email went something like this:
"Darce, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed sitting next to you today and being able to listen to you sing. . . ."
OK--I've got to think she was kidding! Maybe just being nice since we're moving, I don't know. Lehi laughed when he read it, and said, "Does she have a tin ear?" But, you know, I think she was serious--at least, sincere!
Maybe she just enjoyed listening to me sing because it was so funny!
I don't know, but I'm gonna choose to think that maybe my nightly singing to the girls is possibly? helping me at least be able to carry a tune in a bucket!!
Thanx Konnie--I'll always remember you!
1 comment:
No...she really meant it. She said that she has always wanted to be able to sing alto and with each of us sitting on either side of her, she was able to do it a little. She said it was a really touching experience for her.
Songs of angels, don't ya know! :)
Post a Comment