
While the girls were at school today Lehi found a Leaf Bug. We caught it so we could show it to them when they got home. It was kind of fun to see the looks on their faces, and it was a pretty cool looking bug. I’d never seen one before. As I thought about that today, as well as the other experiences I’ve been letting the girls have, I wondered to myself if I’m living life through my kids’ eyes. I’m trying to give them experiences they’ve never had before because I want them to live life and experience it, but in the process, I’m also living it and enjoying it—and finding a new fulfillment/joy in living.
I talked to Arianne tonight and she commented on the things I’m blogging about—the experiences the girls are getting. I told her there are lots of things in life, and about the world, to make you smile about. I told her our latest “smiler” was the Leaf Bug. She laughed at me, but I think it’s true. Since moving here, I’ve felt like there’s all kinds of things to notice—if you take the time to notice them. There are all kinds of simple beauties and pleasures in the world that we miss because we’re busy. I’m so grateful for the opportunity I have to slow down, so I can/will notice the simple things that make life worth living. Thank you, to my Father in Heaven, for a fabulous world!

4 comments:
That is the COOLEST bug. Hayden will be so jealous! What a cool thing to find. I am so happy that you are enjoying your new environment so much! And, yes, everything is more fun when experiencing it through the eyes of a child!
I love that you guys are all so happy there! But we miss you here. We had enrichment last night and I had to teach a coupon class.
You know...when I was growing up, I was so jealous of my cousin that lived in Snowflake. I thought it was the perfect place to grow up!
That's the same kind of bug Travis was showing Indi when we were in Joseph City on the frog hunt. He said it was a "Katydid" I think. Isn't it interesting that Heavenly Father gives us little people around us to help us appreciate the simple things in life that he has given us to enjoy. Sometimes we are looking so past the mark! I love you. Mom
That is an AWESOME bug. I've never even heard of them before!
Post a Comment