Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's paint time!!!

So, I FINALLY decided on our paint colors! I swear--this has given me so much stress because I've never done it before!
This is our trim color--summer white. (We used all Sherwin-Williams paint.) All of our trim--baseboards and around doors--doors, ceilings, and inside closets and shelves are painted in this. It's pretty much an off-white.
This is banana cream. I've always wanted a yellow kitchen, so I'm finally getting one! Our kitchen/dining room, laundry room/mud room, entry way and downstairs hall will be painted in this. Eventually, I plan on adding a wainscoting down the hall, but that will have to wait until we get a little more funds!? The wainscoting will be done in the same off-white as the trim.

This is coastal plain. Our stairway and family room (upstairs) and upstairs hall will be painted this color.
I got the fabulous idea from a friend to paint the girls' room in pink and brown. They wanted to have a horse theme and flowers. I didn't know how to combine both themes until my friend gave me this idea, and I love it! So, we've done a chair rail (in the off-white trim color) and the top half of the room is this lotus flower color.

The bottom half of their room is going to be hot cocoa. Doesn't that sound yummy?!!! (I think I'm gonna get them a pink ceiling fan. How fun is that?!)

And, this color is called "meditative." It will be in our downstairs living room, as well as the half-bath down there.
The master bedroom and both upstairs bathrooms are going to be in a sand/tan color.
And, my accent colors are going to be barn red, black, and this off-white. I'm getting pretty excited!
At first, I chose colors that Lehi thought were "too creamy". I didn't understand what he meant, but when he said he felt like his house would be all "pastel-y" I realized he meant the colors were too light. So, I agreed to go a couple of shades darker, and I think it'll be okay. I was online last night, looking up what the interior of the homes in colonial America (1700's & 1800's) were painted--since that's the look I'm going for. And, to my great surprise and excitement, the historical societys claim they used "earth tones"--greens, blues, browns, orangish-yellows and even pink!!! So, I was happy to learn that I'm right in line with where I want to be! This is fun!!!

2 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

So happy I could help you out and that you liked my idea! I'm excited to come see the finished product!

Liselle said...

Love, love, LOVE the red house...drop me a line
lrbowers@gmail.com