Friday, February 13, 2009

Messed up yellow, but good strawberry and chocolate!

Every home decorating show I've ever watched and every article I've ever read about painting a room yellow warns of the difficulties that yellow may present. I worried a lot about that as I tried to pick the right yellow. I especially worried because I couldn't really "try it out" because I didn't have cabinets, curtains, flooring, or anything that would normally be in a home. So, when it got on our walls and I liked it, I felt very relieved. However, our laundry/storage room didn't seem to end up quite so lucky! It, too, was painted the same yellow as our kitchen and the entry way and hall. They look good, but the laundry room looks a little orange. Yah--orange. It's mostly a problem on the shelves--where there's lots of shadows. I think it's because he painted the ceiling yellow, too--thus adding to the shadow effect. I'm not that concerned about it because it's just the laundry room, but it does make me laugh. And, I think I can fix it--it'll just take painting the shelves white, I think.

And, here's the girls' room--with the "hot cocoa" brown.
Strawberries and chocolate!
I think it looks cute. It still needs some touch-up work, but I like it. Thanx, again, Bethany!

2 comments:

Jerlyn said...

I absolutely LOVE the girls room. So cute! Your house is coming together so great!!!! How exciting!!!

Bethany and Cameron said...

Yay! It turned out perfect!!! I love it!