Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm celebrating!


This past weekend we watched a movie that's been out for a while. It reminded me of the good, clean, feel-good, fun-to-watch movies I watched as a kid--and it left me feeling inspired and happy. The movie was "Kitt Kittredge: An American Girl".
Kitt's story is interesting because it's set during the Great Depression, and depicts this time of extreme poverty from a child's perspective. I loved it because it revolves around a girl character with a lot of spunk, a lot of ambition, and a lot of strength. She learned from her dad to not let things "beat her", and she didn't! My favorite line in the movie sums up how I want to be:

"That Thanksgiving we decided not to dwell on what we lost, but to celebrate what we had!"

What a great perspective, and what a great reminder for me--and maybe for all of us as we experience all that's happening in our world.

Let's celebrate what we have!

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

What a great line! I love it! I do believe we all need to be more grateful for what we do have and focus more on the good. Thanks!