Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Morning Valentine!

When the girls were really small I started this tradition--now they won't let me forget it! (Kate made sure to ask me EVERY day of the week leading up to Valentines Day if I was going to hang hearts in front of their door.) On Valentines Eve (if there is such a thing) I make crepe paper streamers and tape paper hearts to them. Then, I hang them from their bedroom door. It ends up hanging for about a week after Valentines Day--until I'm tired of picking hearts up off the hallway floor!? Honestly, tho, I love this tradition.

Recently, we were watching "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" on the Food Network (Lehi's favorite channel) and the guy visited a restaurant that made Cap'n Crunch French Toast. It sound yummy, so we decided to try it for breakfast for Valentines Day. It wasn't quite as good as we were hoping, but it made for a fun breakfast! We topped it with strawberries and whipped cream! Yum!!
I forgot to take pictures, but we always like to have a "red" dinner, too. So, I made homemade strawberry lemonade and parmesan chicken (marinara sauce) served on pasta for dinner. Actually, our Valentines Day ended up being pretty screwy so I had to do Valentines Dinner over the next couple of evenings. So, the day after Valentines Day we served cereal with pink milk for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for lunch, and pink mashed potatoes with roast for dinner. Lehi wasn't real fond of the pink potatoes, so per his special request his potates were sans red food coloring. The girls, however, loved the potatoes that "look like strawberry ice cream"!

1 comment:

Xandi said...

After reading your newest posts, I am STARVING for some good sugary comfort food! You are such a fun mom!