Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lights! Camera! Action!

So, here's the lighting we're choosing. We found a GREAT website for lighting--as well as tons of other household items! We got some of our lights there. Thanx, Cam, for helping us find this site! So, here's our choices! This is our bathroom vanity lighting. The 4-light one will go in both upstairs bathrooms. (The upstairs bathrooms will be tan.) And, the 2-light one will go downstairs, in our half-bath (In the blue bathroom.)
This is going to be our dining room light--hanging above our dining table. We got this one from Ikea, well not really. We're actually getting it from my sister-in-law (She got it from Ikea.) because they don't want it anymore. I loved it when I saw it in their house, (It fit the look I'm after.) and when they wanted to just give it to us! How do you say "no" to "free"? Lehi's not real fond of it, but he has a hard time fighting "free", too. It's got a black matte finish.

This is probably my favorite lighting fixture of all of them! These are going to be our wall sconces--we will have four of them. I love the old look and the old feel of them. The simplicity, the lines--I just love 'em!

And, this is going to be the ceiling fan in our living room--downstairs (the blue room--with off-white trim and black and red accents). Again, Cameo saw this one at Lowes and when I showed it to Lehi he really liked it. It looks really "oak-y" here--you know, oak!--and I don't want any oak. However, when you see it at Lowes, hanging from the ceiling, it doesn't look "oak-y", so I like it.
You'll notice the above fan matches this entry-way chandelier. It's gonna look good, huh?

And, then our outdoor lighting matches, too!

This is getting too fun!
The upstairs family room, bedrooms, and office will all have ceiling fans, but nothing real exciting. All of these fixtures have a bronze or black finish, so they match--I think.
And, we're supposed to get our cabinets this week! Wow! It's coming along. We just might be in this house by March! How exciting is that?!!!!

1 comment:

Brittney Smith said...

Who doesn't love shopping for things!! LOve it!