Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm back . . . .

Is that not the yummiest gingerbread house you ever saw?! I'm thinkin' I want Eliza to help me decorate our new house!!


Kate had a great time!

So did Eliza!

In fact, we all did . . .

even Lehi!

Yummm--boy, that seven-minute frosting (or should I say "glue") for gingerbread houses sure tastes yummy!
Look at that concentration--gotta get that candy corn in exactly the right spot for a shingle!

Do you think they're gonna be builders when they grow up?

And, now it's on to sugar cookies!

Oh, the joys of Christmas baking!

OK--so you wonder where I've been! Some of these pictures might explain. December was one crazy month--with baking, working on our house, decorating gingerbread houses, working on our house, getting ready for Christmas, working on our house, travelling, working on our house, Christmas programs, and did I mention--working on our house? Who ever thought it would be smart to build a house during the holidays? It's been crazy--so crazy, that it didn't really seem much like Christmas. I hate to admit that, but I'm also grateful that I don't think I'll have another Christmas like that any time soon!
Don't get me wrong--Christmas was wonderful, but I didn't feel like I could do the things I usually enjoy doing during the season because there just wasn't time. And, now I'm so behind on my blogging that I don't even want to try to catch up! However, I do think it's important--posterity's sake, you know--so I'll try. It may take me a while, tho, 'cuz I still have so much going on with the build. I think it's hitting a critical time right now--lots of decisions and lots of work we need to do. So, forgive me if my blogging continues to be a little slow.

1 comment:

Erica Hanks said...

I'm glad you're back! I hope things will start settling down for you now that the holiday rush is over!