Saturday, January 24, 2009

Painted eaves . . . or should I say "Painted Husband"!





Back in December we attempted to paint our eaves--another attempt to save money. So, Lehi borrowed a super tall ladder and his dad's paint sprayer and went to work. I watched, from what seemed like three miles below, while he
climbed . . .
and climbed . . .
and climbed
to the top of that wobbly ladder.

Now, as you know--Lehi is not slight of stature. As Nephi put it, he is a ". . . man large in stature, and also having received much strength of the Lord, . . ." (1 Nephi 4:31). That's my man and I love him, but I wasn't feeling very confident in my abilities to catch him that day. Needless to say, that was a
l -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g, l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g
day! Did I mention it was a long day? Both of us were glad when it was over, and the job wasn't even done!

Since then, we've payed our roofer to finish the eaves for us. It was worth the money! No amount of money saved is worth the life of the man I love! (Although I have to admit, I'm glad he tried because that last picture is priceless!?)

No comments: