Monday, November 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . .


We had our first snow today! Actually, it was last night, but there was still a light dusting this morning when we woke up.

Having lived in the Valley their whole lives, the girls were rather excited last night to see snow actually falling! And, I have to agree--when it falls, it falls beautifully! They were so excited, until the electricity went out--and stayed out for an hour!

Then this morning they couldn't hardly finish breakfast because of the anticipation of getting to ride in the car that still had snow on it! "Mom, you're gonna hafta scrape it off the windows!" It's so fun to see life thru the eyes of a child. I forget how awesome it is--life, the world, all of it!

5 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

SNOW!! So fun! I think it was 78 degrees here today!! Its so good to see your family. I hope all is going well for you. I hope you dont mind me checking up on your blog every once in a while!! I was not really around when you guys left, it made me sad, but it will be great to still see your family!

arizonamama said...

Lynn said, "I totally remember the first morning of snow in Snowflake with our kids. It was pretty magical." You're making us want to be back there even more...

Erica Hanks said...

Ohhhh...I'm so jealous! I LOVE snow! Post some pics!! :)

The party turned out pretty good. Now I have to hurry up and plan the Christmas Party. My brain has no good ideas!

Xandi said...

Well our part of the valley finally got ran yesterday afternoon (I know Mesa didn't). So we were THRILLED! It seems every time I see storm clouds, they always stay in Scottsdale and the Mesa area and never by us. For once we got it. Honestly, it's been like 5 or 6 months since it actually rained over here (other than a sprinkle or two). You guys are so lucky you live in such a magical town! Can't wait to see you on Christmas!!

Jerlyn said...

We're coming to visit! I don't think Hayden has ever been in snow. He would love it. His mom is wimpy and doesn't like to be cold. I am freezing here today and it is what in the 60's right now. I don't know how I survived BYU. I want to see pictures! I love white covering the ground, especially before any footsteps. Oh, it is pretty, but way to cold for me.