Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 26

We're getting our well! Yesterday they started digging the well and I guess they hit water because when we went last night there was a big river of water running across our land! That's exciting! I don't know if they have to dig down further to be sure the well doesn't run dry, but the rig is still out there, so I know they're not done. Kinda cool, tho!

They also poured the cement for our front porch and back stoop, and the rest of the foundation was dry enough for us to walk on. So, yippy! It's moving forward! Altho we did get some not-so-great info yesterday. Originally, APS told us they would pull the electricity from the electric pole to our house because it's right on the edge of our property. However, yesterday they told us we have to pay for it. We haven't received the paperwork yet, but it sounds like it might be around $5200. Yah, like I have that just tucked away somewhere--between my boobs, maybe?! Ummm, no!
When we went out to the lot last night we found a box of Bashas donuts--Lehi's favorites! He and the girls were pretty excited. I guess the workers left it, and we figured they weren't coming back for the night. So, we picked them up. (There were only about 4 left in the box.) Needless to say, tho--pretty stale! We ended up throwing 'em away. Shucks!

No comments: