
Well, it was our turn to work today! When they cleared our land to begin building, Lehi asked our contractor not to haul away the trees. Lehi wanted them for firewood. Well, that meant we had to clean them up and cut them into firewood-size pieces. Lehi went and worked on that last weekend, but today the girls and I went and helped. I have to admit--it was actually a lot of fun (for me) to do some physical labor together, as a family, so that we can have a nice home. It felt very rewarding, and just fun!
We worked for about three hours--Lehi cutting with MY new chainsaw I got for my birthday and me and the girls hauling the branches to various piles. We had a "slash" pile for the stuff that's not worth saving and a "wood pile" for the stuff we'll burn in our wood burning stove. I guess the plan is to have quite the bonfire with the slash. That sounds like a lot of fun! We'll have to bring some marshmallows!!!
And, after the work was done we went and got ice cream! Great day!
3 comments:
I think family work days are very rewarding. There is something about accomplishing a task together that brings unity. I'm glad you had fun!
It looks like the girls are LOVING the mountains. I think it is great!
So, any splinters or bug bites? Sounds like a fun day. I love that kind of stuff.
Aww, these pics make me miss the mountians! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Post a Comment