Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We are the pilgrims . . .


Today was Eliza's kindergarten Thanksgiving program. I have to say . . . she was the cutest!! Her teacher got the whole class to memorize a poem, "The Pilgrims's Poem," and Eliza knew it well! In fact, she's been reciting it for people all weekend. I was pretty impressed that she knew it because I think it's pretty long! To hear her say it with the little lilt in her voice is so cute! I love my girl!!

We sailed on the Mayflower, over the sea
To a new land, America—where we could be free!
We built houses from freshly cut trees,
To help us keep warm, so that we wouldn’t freeze.

We worked in our gardens until the food grew,
Then we had plenty to make a fine stew.
We invited our Indian friends and all got together
For the very first Thanksgiving ever!

We had meat and potatoes, but the pie was the best!
After feasting three days we all had to rest.
We are the pilgrims and we want to say,
“Have a very happy thanksgiving Day!”

1 comment:

wj said...

Eliza recited the poem to me perfectly at Thanksgiving! What a grandkid!