My mom (I love her!) sent me a great email this week! In it, she sent me a copy of a wonderful talk, given by Pres. Howard W. Hunter. I get the feeling that LOTS of people are feeling a tad concerned regarding America's future.
Pres. Howard W. Hunter gave a talk in 1984 about how sometimes we feel like the Lord has forgotten us. He retold the story of when Christ was asleep in the boat and there was a storm raging, and his disciples were afraid: "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" He rose, calmed the waters: "Peace, be still," and then he said, "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?"
As I read this talk this morning, I felt great peace. I felt like it applies to the events of this week very fittingly! And, again, I'm grateful for prophets and their foresight, faith, and desire to help each one of us.
Pres. Hunter ended his talk with this thought:
"One of the wisest of the ancient Romans once spoke a great gospel truth and probably never realized he had done so. Speaking of Roman naval power and the absolute imperative to control the oceans, Cicero said to a military aide, 'He who commands the sea has command of everything.' (See W. Gurney Benham, Putnam’s Complete Book of Quotations, New York: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1926, p. 505.) Of that I so testify."
As do I!
2 comments:
We are LOVING the house! It fits us so much better! And hey, you can always order a Scentsy and it will go toward my party! Just lemme know and I'll put you in touch with Sarah!
I'm going to go home and read this tonight with Thomas before bed! Thanks so much for always being an inspirations! You are amazing!
Post a Comment