Saturday, November 1, 2008

Frightful Halloween Fare!

Okay, so I was feeling a little festive yesterday and I had some extra time, so Lehi and I decided to make each meal a memory! The girls woke up to this "biting" greeting!


Their responses were rather amusing!
"Uh, mom? What is this?"
"You better hurry and eat it or it might bite ya!!!!"

These were so simple! I found the idea here.

After their yummy apple bites, it was time to dig into some bloody pancakes!!! (Thanx to Lehi!)
OOOOOO, yum!!!


And, to finish off a very frightful breakfast, they found worms in their vitamin C drink! (I froze gummy worms in ice cubes--it worked like a charm!)

Cheese crisp ghosts for lunch, with a little blood (salsa) to dip it in!
Now, who wouldn't want that for lunch?


I think the highlight of dinner was our
putrid punch--complete with worms!
It looks nasty, but it tasted oh so yummy! None of us could get enough.

Eyeballs anyone? A lovely hors-d-ouvre!

What? You'll pass on the eyeballs? How 'bout some
frightful finger food?

And, for the delicious main course (drum roll please) . . .
WORMS ON A BUN! With a side of scabs (potato chips).
This one didn't go over so well!

Eliza thought the worms were great to play with, but they must've been too slithery 'cuz they wouldn't go into the girls' mouths! (Whoever heard of kids who don't like hot dogs? I just don't get it--it doesn't matter what kind I buy, expensive, cheap, chicken, beef, fake, they will not eat them! Even disguised as worms! I guess I should be grateful, huh? They're not the most healthy of meals!?)
And, we ended the lovely evening with a bit of trick-or-treating. Our neighbors came over and we played "Don't Eat Jack!" and watched "The Legend of Sleep Hollow." All in all, it was a frightfully delightful eve!

4 comments:

Jerlyn said...

You are one amazingly fun mom. I'm so impressed.

arianne said...

You are so fun! Love it.

Drewmeister said...

You are such a fun mom!

Xandi said...

Great pictures! You guys are always so creative :).