Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clapping in any language


Last night we took the girls to the Shangri-La Chinese Acrobats. It was pretty amazing! It was way fun because the girls really liked it. To see the looks on their faces, the looks of shock and amazement, was worth it all! Huge eyes! Open mouths! They were great! As one woman juggled a table on her feet, Eliza was so excited and she said, “That’s really cool!”

Another time she asked me if they (the acrobats) speak English, and if they understand it. I told her some of them might understand a little, but I didn’t know for sure. Then, she asked if they understand clapping. I told her they did, and she said, “’Cuz they clap the same way there, huh?” Kids say the darnedest things!

3 comments:

Jerlyn said...

I love that! I remember that feeling in Korea and thinking, I can't understand, but laughing, smiling, tears and emotions are universal. What a wonderful concept for them to get so young.

Andrea said...

That is so very cute! What a neat experience to see a show like that!

arizonamama said...

Where were you? I thought you lived in Snowflake.