Sunday, October 26, 2008

20 Years Already!

Wow! Yesterday, we did what I thought we'd would never do! We actually went to our 20-year high school reunion! First, I NEVER thought I'd be this old! (I remember going to my mom's 20-year high school reunion and thinking I could never be THAT old. I guess time catches up with you, huh?) And, second, I NEVER thought I'd really go to my 20-year reunion--if I ever happened to actually be old enough to have one!?!

But, can I tell you how glad I am that we went! I didn't realize how much I missed all those people, friendships, and memories
--until I saw them again. I think the most fun part is that Lehi and I graduated with each other, and not many people knew we had gotten married. The surprised comments were so fun to get! I think he was the secret treasure no other girls knew about, and I felt pretty lucky to have "found" him and
"won the prize."

Besides that, it was fun to see what everyone has done with their lives, to see how great they all looked, and to feel that everyone had sincere interest and concern for one another. All those silly, petty things that bother you as a high-schooler seemed to be gone. It didn't matter that I weigh more than I did then. It didn't matter if Lehi wasn't the most popular guy in school.
All that mattered is that we were all there--
wondering where those that weren't there were!

It was a great thing to have gone to--a REALLY fun day! I'm looking forward to the next one.

5 comments:

Jerlyn said...

I'm impressed that you went. How fun. I never had any desire to go to mine. I'm glad you had fun!

Mistie said...

Darci,

Ditto! I am so glad I went to the picnic and saw so many friends...and actually recognized them!!!! It was so good to see you. I hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to get together again!
Love ya,
Mistie (Davis) Rash

Tara L. Stradling said...

It was so fun to see you too and to get to visit with you for a quite a while. Enjoy Snowflake and please stay in touch!

Jeanette said...

I never wanted to go to my reunions but I'm glad you had fun.

JoNeal L. said...

I am so glad I got to see you at the reunion! It's been far too long. Especially since we've known each other since childhood. You have a beautiful family!!
Love, JoNeal Matheson LeBlanc