Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sisters!

"Sisters. Sisters. Nothing can come between me and my sister!"
The other day I was telling the girls about a blog I found about a family who has decided to live very frugally and without all the modern-day conveniences. (It's actually quite an interesting story if you want to go check it out! I'm very intrigued.) One of the things they are doing is home-schooling, and I told our girls about that. Kate said she wanted to be home-schooled, so I told her it would be harder for her to make friends because she wouldn't be around other kids as much. I told her she probably wouldn't have as many. She responded VERY quickly, "I would rather have MY sister than one million friends!"
I love my girls!

On a side note, if you look closely you'll notice in the above pic that BOTH of them have an "owie" in the middle of their foreheads! A week ago Kate was playing on our land while Lehi and I were working. There was a gooseneck trailer that was being used to haul the garbage and she didn't see it. She ran smack-dab into it and banged her forehead pretty good!! I guess Eliza was jealous of the lovely scar that makes Kate look like she's from India, because yesterday she (Eliza) bent over and banged her head on the corner of a brick--giving herself a beautiful mark right in the middle of her forehead, too!
So, either we have two girls that have joined some Indian religion, or two girls that have some weird initiation ceremony that has to be performed in order to be a part of their club, or maybe we just have two girls that love each other so much and are so connected that whatever one does the other HAS to do too!
Did I mention that I love 'em?! I do!!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

So cute. They will definately be friends for life. I have sisters like this too and I wouldn't trade them for a million friends. ;o)

Lorin and Marilyn said...

I love your "Indian" daughters and do read your blog off and on. I love your quotes.

arizonamama said...

Sisters are priceless! Way to work 'em like slave horses! I'll call CPS myself!