Sunday, March 22, 2009

Liza Lou is more than two!!!

We celebrated Eliza's birthday this week! She wanted everything dog, but she turned her nose up at all the cute dog cakes I found online. She wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting--and her little toy dogs standing in the frosting. Do ya think she wanted to lick the frosting off her toys? She's all about the chocolate! It was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice-cream! Death by chocolate!
Can I tell you how many of us finished our cake and ice-cream? Only Eliza, I think!

The little girl that lives next door to us (In our new home.) has a birthday the same day as Eliza, and they're both the same age! Fun coincidence! So, we all went to the park. The day was perfect--70 degrees, and it was a half day at school. It couldn't have been any better!

And, as an added bonus--and a surprise for Eliza!--her cousins from the Valley met us at the park! Since it was all about dogs that day, I made chocolate pudding with crushed oreos and gummi worms--and let 'em dig like a dog! They loved it!

However, I'm not thinkin' she was too thrilled when she opened a dress for her present?!

Her sweet sister spent a couple of weeks writing a story, illustrating it, painting the pictures, and binding it into a book to give Eliza for her birthday.
"Horatio's B-Day Surprise"
Kate worried that Eliza wouldn't like it because it wasn't a toy, but it was a hit. That was our bedtime story that night.

I LOVE her enthusiasm--for everything! What a great smile! Thanx for the sticker book, Grandma!

I love this picture! Thank goodness for grandmas and grandpas--we love 'em!!

I love my little girl! I love her smile. I love that she skips everywhere she goes. I love her hugs, and that she ALWAYS wants to share them. I love that she is so considerate of others--especially her sister. I love that she's a tease--and she lets me tease her. I love that Heavenly Father sent such a sweet person to our home--to teach us, to love us, and to help me be a better person. I hope I'm all that I need to be to help her return to her Heavenly Father--and that I get to go with her!
I love you Eliza!

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

Happy Birthday girl!