As you look at these pictures, you have to notice the look on my face!
Notice Kate hiding in the background--where you would've found me when I was a kid! And, to be honest, I'm surprised I'm not there now!!
Yes, the glove--just a little nervous!?! Never held a tarantula before!!
But, then . . . Hairy and I are fast friends!!! Actually, he's quite nice--didn't even try to bite!
Notice, again, where our daughter is -- Eliza, hiding behind the post!
But, then look who warms up to our fine, hairy friend!
Notice the look on her face through all of these pictures! Quite a contrast to her mother's!! "Here little spidey. . . ."
And, then the glove came off! She's definitely my little adventurer!
I know, I know! I haven't blogged in months. I might take the time to explain that in a later post, but for now I wanted to let you in on the newest addition to our family! If you ever would've told me I'd hold a tarantula, I would've told you you were out of your mind. But, it's interesting . . . when you become a mom and your kids find something fascinating, that fascination takes over you, too! I, honestly, have to say that finding this tarantula yesterday really has been fun!! I can't believe I'm saying that.
Eliza found it right outside our door, right off of our porch. I quickly grabbed a jar and he walked right in. We spent the next hour online, learning all about "our" tarantula. We discovered which (of 800) species it was (a desert tarantula), what sex he is, what its normal habitat is, what it eats, and how to care for a pet tarantula. Then, last night I (yes, ME!) caught a moth because they eat moths, and we put it in Hairy's jar. He attacked it, and sucked the life right out! Very interesting! I'm kind of excited to keep the guy because I'd love to watch it molt--what a great learning experience! This is fun!
Oh, and thanx to our cute cousin, Jonah, for his name. It's perfect!!
2 comments:
I can't believe you did it! But indeed you did! (I meant the blog, not the disgusting spider, but that's crazy too.) Actually, it's kinda cool... especially the moth part and now that Hairy is not in my house...
I am so glad you decided to be a blogger again! I have missed you! I wouldn't even hold Hairy. You are brave! What a great mom!
Post a Comment