Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm thankful for . . .

Our GRATITUDE TREE . . .

Times are really, REALLY hard for everyone right now. I haven't been posting for quite a while because we've been going thru some difficult times ourselves. I just haven't felt like taking pictures, and I've been extremely busy.
Anyway, last night I decided to focus on the good in our lives, especially since this is the week of Thanksgiving. I read a short story from The Friend, which our family can relate to very well right now. As I read, the girls and Lehi each colored six fall leaves, and wrote something on each one for which they are grateful. (I did mine later.) Then we hung them on our "Grateful Tree." It was simple, but it felt good to remember some of the many blessings in our lives--our Savior, the atonement, family, cousins, brownies, freedom, and many more!
Our Grateful Tree is now sitting in our entryway, to remind us of our blessings--on those difficult days when everything seems messed up!

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

Hang in there, Darce! I sure hope things turn around for you soon. You are such an amazing person. I look up to you so much! Love you!