

On Easter Sunday we got ten
chicks! Yep! What Easter is complete without chicks? We thought we'd enter the world of "growing our own eggs"! I'll have to post when we get our first one--the $50 egg! Actually, it's been pretty fun--the girls have loved it! They hold 'em every day--even now, and they've gotten a lot bigger! We've kept them in our garage while Lehi's been building a coop. It's getting a little stinky in there--and they're noisy!

And, this is Fluffy! (He's not looking too fluffy in his "newborn" pic, tho.)

He got cuter.

And then he got a lot cuter!
Eliza wanted a dog for her birthday but we just weren't ready for that kind of a commitment, and I had parakeets growing up. I'd been wanting one for a while, so we got the girls a parakeet.

It's been awesome because I found a breeder that hand-fed and parent-fed the birds from the time they hatched. So, when we got Fluffy he had only been away from (fledged) his momma bird for about a week! But he was used to people. We got the "baby pictures" from the breeder. I guess they document every bird they hatch and when you buy from them they send you baby pictures. That made it kinda fun!
The girls have played with/held him quite a bit every day, and he's the best parakeet! He crawls on their shoulders, plays in their hair, crawls down their shirts. He's a crazy bird!

They wanted to take him for show-n-tell last week, so I took him to each of their classrooms, where they each put him on their finger and took him to each kid in the class and let them pet him. Fluffy did awesome! He stayed on their fingers and didn't squawk or bite any of the kids. What a great bird! I think the worst part for him was riding on the 2-mile dirt road from our house to the highway?!
1 comment:
Yeah its a nice one and u shared with us so good of u.
Rum Bookmark
Post a Comment