And, do you notice that is my PORCH?
Lehi: "Hey, Darc! Do you want to come and see something?"
Me: "I don't know. Do I"
Lehi: "You might find it interesting."
Darce: "Am I gonna say something like 'hell'?"
Lehi: "Ummm, I said a little more than that."
Then, he lovingly took me out to our front porch and this is what I saw! A freakin' 5 foot long bull snake! YIKES! It was the second one he's found by our house in two weeks! I'm not likin' that!
Then, he lovingly took me out to our front porch and this is what I saw! A freakin' 5 foot long bull snake! YIKES! It was the second one he's found by our house in two weeks! I'm not likin' that!
Actually, the animal situation is rather interesting here.
One morning Lehi saw a rabbit that was so big he thought it was a dog at first!
One night I found a mouse that had fallen into a bucket of water by our back door. We left it overnight. (We figured it was thirsty.) Much to our dismay, it couldn't swim ALL night long so it, well, drowned. Darn!
One day Lehi was chainsawing the trees our builder pulled out so we can have wood this winter, and he found a kangaroo rat with two babies hooked to her teets. He accidentally almost sawed it right in half!
Then, last week he caught a lizard and brought it into the house--to show us all! Yah, that's what I like in my house!?
And, this morning I woke to a "lovely"? sound. It sounded like Lehi had shot a rabbit but hadn't killed it. It kept whining and screaming and crying--for at least ten minutes! A coyote--howling. It's crazy! Such a different life than what we're used to! But, we love it!!!
3 comments:
So glad you are back to the blogging world! Hayden would love your house and all the pets! I am so happy for you that you are in your new home. What a wonderful feeling!
I love the pictures u posted in this post.
Rum Bookmark
You should've called me! I would've caught the snake and named him AWESOME!!! -Cora
Post a Comment